Important election dates
- Tennessee General Election Early Voting
October 14-29, 2020
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Tennessee General Election
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
How To Verify Your Registration
- Search for your name or address at https://ovr.govote.tn.gov.
- Verify with the Montgomery County Election Commission, either by phone or in person (931-648-5707; 350 Pageant Lane, Suite 404)
ID Required To Vote
All persons voting at the polls must present a federal or Tennessee state ID containing the voter’s name and photograph unless the voter has a religious objection to being photographed. University ID cards are not acceptable. Any of the following ID is acceptable, EVEN IF EXPIRED:
- Tennessee driver license with photo
- US Passport
- US Military photo ID
- Tennessee handgun carry permit with photo
- Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
How To Request a Mail in Ballot
- Go to https://mcgtn.org/election/absentee-voting-mail for information and to request ballot
- Request your ballot no sooner than ninety (90) days and no later than seven (7) days prior to the election (we suggest no later than twenty-one (21) days prior to the election to ensure processing and mailing time)
- Completed ballots must be returned BY MAIL and must be received by the Montgomery County Election Commission by the end of Election Day. Any ballot received after that date will not be counted
How To Register
- The registration deadline for the November 3rd General Election was October 5th.
- Register in person at Montgomery County Election Commission (350 Pageant Lane, Suite 404) https://mcgtn.org/election/voter-registration OR
- Register online at https://ovr.govote.tn.gov OR
- Complete a Voter Registration form at a voter event
If registered online or at an event, you may not request an absentee ballot the first time you vote (if eligible). Your first vote In Montgomery County must be in person unless you present your ID to the Montgomery County Election Commission.
help Us turn Tennessee BLUE!
Your contribution enables us to expand our electoral footprint here in Montgomery County, TN